There are many extensions for WordPress which offer a multilingualism for blogs. Here I would first imagine a solution that I have in practical applications in use and explain step by step how the blog is very easy to operate in multiple languages. Probably the most powerful multi-language plugin for WordPress and WPML Multilingual CMS is in intensive development, but this is not available for free and is only suitable for larger websites that want to use the various functions of the plugins also.
The plugin is used which can be installed for free from the qtranslate plugin manager. The plugin is simple to use and very clearly in the care of the posts. Offers the following features qtranslate for WordPress:
- Easy navigation on the contributions of the various languages
- Professional translation of contributions by persons or automatic translation possible
- Search engine friendly (SEO) by generating nice URLs (? lang = en, de.yoursite.com, /en/ foo/)
- One language for each URL, no mix between multilingual content
Thus qTranslate is a really high-quality yet easy-to-use solution for all those WordPress users who are dependent on the publication of multilingual content and want to implement this in a quick and easy way.
Installation of qtranslate
Installation is easy via plugins -> Install new plugin. After installation, the Administration appears under Settings -> Languages, here about all the settings for the translations are invalid.
In the navigation area of the backend you can define the language for the backend:
The settings for the plugin can be managed on the “Settings”, here are the basic settings of the plugin to be managed and is largely self-explanatory.
Language Management (qTranslate settings)
On the settings of the plugin languages are defined first for which the blog is to be used, via the overview can enable and disable languages:
For the general settings there are the following options:
- Default Language: default language and order of use
- Not translated articles and posts hide: If the requested article is not available for this language does not appear
- Detect browser language: automatically switch to the language of the browser used
In the advanced settings, you can also make the following configuration, here are the most important in the advanced settings:
- URL Change Mode: Indicates how the URL of the different languages used. May need to be set in the configuration of the web server (Apache mod_rewrite) and only works in Verbinudung with pretty permalinks
- Update Gettext Databases: automatically downloads new versions of the activated voice files
- Ignore links: for certain file extensions, the generation of links are eliminated
If you open the settings qtranslate this error message appears:
Could not access’ / www / htdocs / … / wp-content / languages ”write gettext databases could not be downloaded!
wp-content/languages the directory needs to be created and the access rights are assigned 777. The plugin then loads on all desire. mo files of the enabled languages in the language directory down.
Use of Multilingualism in articles and posts
To the voice plugin to use in the front end just a post or article opened or created and the editor is automatically activated in the Sprachen.Dennoch qTranslate is a really high-quality yet easy-to-use solution for all those Word Presser, on the publication of multilingual content depend.
qTranslate expands the Write screen to the number of active languages according to the number of header rows. The main content area receives tab titles for each of the languages used and is very easy to manage for the different multilingual content thus. As with the posts is true for the articles, they will be maintained and applied on a page for all languages used.
Before now, the visitor gets to see multilingual content, nor the qTranslate widget should be built in the sidebar of the blog. In this way, later changed between the different languages on the website.